Surf Board and Paddle Board Plans
Here are a few plans for paddle and surf boards. Unlike many wooden boats, there is a relatively short tradition of board designs in the West. There is a long history of surfing in places such as Hawaii.
SUP or Standup paddleboard are great fun and can be made very successfully. Most designers who offer surfboards also offer Standup paddleboards and body board designs.
Email me if a link is broken. These days links go obsolete quite fast, and I'm slow.
- Wood Surfboard Supply offers several designs. Good Resource.
- Chesapeake Light Craft offers plans and kits. Stitch and glue construction.
- Basic board from Instructables Rough and ready but easy and cheap. Uses insulation foam and plywood.
- Clearwood Paddleboards has a number of models available Strip building and gorgeous.
- Fiberglass Supply has several kits and patterns for SUPs.
- Free table of offsets and building instructions for a SUP Paddle Makes a lovely laminated wood paddle. From Gary Mastry.
- Paddle plans and instructions.
- Photos of paddle making from Grainsurf.com forum.
- Book and plans for Surfboard and SUP
- Building a Hollow wooden surfboard Amazon link to kindle edition book.
- Templates from Blending curves.com for surfboards. Many resources including plans and tutorials.
- Mahalo Boards, lots of intormation. Surfboards, SUPs, Bodyboards
- Timeless Surf Company has surfboard and SUP plans
- Greenlight Surf Supply lots of plans, templates and instructions for surfboards, SUPS and kiteboards.
- Surf Board Supply has kits for strip planked boards. Here is a link to one of their manual. It's quite complete and interesting.(pdf file)
- Surfboard plans
- Timeless Surf Company Blog and plans.
- Fyne Boat Kits surf and paddle boards kits
- Michael Storer SUP Plans from Duckworks
I try to be accurate and check my information, but mistakes happen.email me if you find mistakes, I'll fix them and we'll all benefit: Christine