Christine DeMerchant's Web Page
I was curious to see how far 3-D printers had gone. I knew that someone had printed a boat and that it was possible to print concrete buildings.
Gimbaled Kerosene stove I saw in Texas
Puddle Duck is getting some hardware.
I added some more plans to the take apart boat page.AND
To the folding boat page
In particular I added a page from the Boy Mechanic folding boat
I spent a week in Texas building a John Weldsford Saturday Night Special
If you are interested in visiting Farley Boat Works or going there to build a boat here is more information.
The Scamp centerboard is glassed
I also started on the Scamp Rudder
I've cut the blank, glued in weight and completed shaping it. Fiberglass is next.
What are microspheres and when are they used.
Microballoons are a good fairing additive to epoxy.
What is Silica, why is it used as a filler for epoxy? I was curious and I found out.
Is it dangerous? When is it used?
Books About Cats
Including veterinary reference texts, nutrition, cat behaviour (or misbehaviour) and cat stories.
Ticks and their control in Cats
What tools do I think are essential for boatbuilding
My list of essential boatbuilding tools, and a few "would be nice" ones.
Spring is the time to build a boat.
Here are some of my pages with LINKS TO BOAT PLANS
I added a page of free plans for rowing boats.
- Free Row Boat Plans
- Boat Plans of every kind, some free.
- Free Stitch and Glue Boat Plans
- Free Canoe and Kayak Boat Plans
- Free Oar Plans
- Many different kinds of boat plans from many designers. Some are free.
- Plans for Dories
- Cedar (or other wood) Strip plans
- Plans for Stand up Paddling Boards and Surf Boards
- Row Boat Plans
- Stitch and Glue Boat Plans
- Plans for ultra-light boats
- This is an actual plans for a Pram Dinghy.
Books about boatbuilding, sailmaking and traditional small boatsThese are mostly books I have mentioned in my various boat pages and decided to put together in one page. To a great extent they are books I have in my own library.
I added weights to the daggerboard of my Puddle duck racer
I've finished my workbench
and I'm using it!
How to sharpen chisels and block planes
Beginning boat builders are often baffled on how to sharpen their chisels and block planes. This is how I sharpen. I'm not a fanatic but my tools cut well enough.
- A good article on Carbon Fibre
- Boatbuilding Links to lots of boatbuilding plans, many free, methods, styles of boats, varnish, mastmaking, all from my website.
- Boat Plans
- Some Free Stitch and Glue Boat plans
- My Boats
- Compilation of my boatbuilding resources
- Stitch and Glue
- Free Stitch and Glue Plans
- Catnip for Humans?
- Make a garden for your cat!
- Fleas are amazing
- Making a witch or wizard hat
- Anchors and Anchoring
- What tools do you need to get started in boat building?
Some Navigation Pages
APPLE PIE TENDER
FOLDING COROPLAST BOAT
CARBON & KEVLAR