Christine DeMerchant's Web Page
My Scamp mast is together! I've started rounding it.
Book About Cats
Including veterinary reference texts, nutrition, cat behaviour (or misbehaviour) and cat stories.
Ticks and their control in Cats
What tools do I think are essential for boatbuilding
My list of essential boatbuilding tools, and a few "would be nice" ones.
I continue to cut out SCAMP boat parts. I've done the Cockpit doubler this afternoon.
Winter is the time to build a boat.
Here are some of my pages with LINKS TO BOAT PLANS
I added a page of free plans for rowing boats.
- Free Row Boat Plans
- Boat Plans of every kind, some free.
- Free Stitch and Glue Boat Plans
- Free Canoe and Kayak Boat Plans
- Free Oar Plans
- Many different kinds of boat plans from many designers. Some are free.
- Plans for Dories
- Cedar (or other wood) Strip plans
- Plans for Stand up Paddling Boards and Surf Boards
- Row Boat Plans
- Stitch and Glue Boat Plans
- Plans for ultra-light boats
- This is an actual plans for a Pram Dinghy.
I made a scratch gauge also known as a marking gauge this evening.
It's a useful tool to mark mortice and tenon joints, and to mark an even line to show where bevels are going to be on a SCAMP boat part.
How I keep my garden pest free without pesticides, 5 steps to a pest free garden.
It's freezing outside and already I'm thinking about my next garden. Here is how I keep the pests out of my garden.
Building a SCAMP Sailboat is my new project
Most of the SCAMP bulkhead are cut out as are the seats and various other bits.
What do the binocular numbers meanfind out here.
Books about boatbuilding, sailmaking and traditional small boatsThese are mostly books I have mentioned in my various boat pages and decided to put together in one page. To a great extent they are books I have in my own library.
Using molasses to clean iron rust from tools. Good results after just one week.
I had some old rusty clamps and decided to try cleaning them with molasses.
I did a finger joint experiment. I think it was a great success.
I've used scarf joints to join plywood sheets and I wondered if I could cut finger joints using my router.
I added weights to the daggerboard of my Puddle duck racer
I'm back working on my Puddle Duck Racer. It is mostly done.
I've finished my workbench
and I'm using it!
I grew Milkweed last summer to attract Monarch butterflies
I made 2 different styles of birdhouses for my Chickadees
How to sharpen chisels and block planes
Beginning boat builders are often baffled on how to sharpen their chisels and block planes. This is how I sharpen. I'm not a fanatic but my tools cut well enough.
Scarf joints are used to join 2 pieces of wood to make a longer one.
Very useful if you are using plywood which is only 8 feet long.
- A good article on Carbon Fibre
- Boatbuilding Links to lots of boatbuilding plans, many free, methods, styles of boats, varnish, mastmaking, all from my website.
- Boat Plans
- Some Free Stitch and Glue Boat plans
- My Boats
- Compilation of my boatbuilding resources
- Stitch and Glue
- Free Stitch and Glue Plans
- Catnip for Humans?
- Make a garden for your cat!
- Fleas are amazing
- Making a witch or wizard hat
- Anchors and Anchoring
- What tools do you need to get started in boat building?
Some Navigation Pages
APPLE PIE TENDER
FOLDING COROPLAST BOAT
CARBON & KEVLAR